Date Published : August 30th, 2013 Published By : admin
Several Units of Kilkenny Fire Service tackled a blaze at a post office and shop at Kilmoganny, Co Kilkenny last night. Firefighters sprayed foam on the gutted premises to quench the flames.
Early indications suggested the shop had gas cylinders inside. However, the old petrol pumps outside the building had not been in use for some time. Buildings on either side of the shop are taught to have been destroyed as a result of the blaze. Foam was also sprayed on the houses opposite the building as sparks were landing on their roofs.
There were no reports of any injuries.
(Pic: Irish Independent)